The master cosmetologist program consists of 1500 hours of theory and practical training in the arts and sciences of hairstyling, hair cutting, coloring, permanent waving, chemical hair relaxing, thermal styling, nail and skin care techniques, anatomy, chemistry, bacteriology and sanitation, professionalism, retailing, equipment care, salon management, basic nail techniques, basic facial & skin techniques, make-up, and brow tweezing & wax and brow/lash tint.
- To develop a knowledge, understanding, skill, and appreciation in the theory and operation of cosmetology arts & sciences.
- To develop habits of good workmanship and the orderly performance of various tasks in the work environment.
- Protect health, safety, and welfare of the public and the workforce.
- To learn to select wisely, care for, and user properly commercial products that are related to the application of treatments.
- To promote mutual esteem, goodwill, harmony and cooperation with professional and related organizations.
- To help the student to prepare for the state board examinations in order to obtain a license to practice.
- To prepare students for entry level jobs in their demanding workforce.